Saturday, February 2, 2019

Curbing the Cravings

So it's February and your January detox is over but you want to keep up the hard work you've put in throughout this month right? I know that I do! I lost a little bit of weight and feel healthier than ever (minus the slight cough I still have from the cold I'm recovering from). February is usually when my healthy eating goes upside down and I'm heading straight to the chocolate.


Last year, I joined Weight Watchers and discovered the Hartley's Sugar Free Jelly. My downfall when trying to eat healthy are the cravings I get for sweet snacks. I ended my membership with Weight Watchers as it wasn't working for me but my love for this jelly lives on. It may not be a Galaxy Ripple or Kinder Bueno but it really does satisfy my cravings.

You can get this jelly in either the single tubs or the packs of jelly crystals. I recommend getting the crystals as it's better value for money. One pack of the crystals cost roughly 90p and you can get 8 jellies out of this - so that's about 11p per 10 calorie jelly. I usually make a batch of four on Sunday so the evening cravings are looked after once I'm home from work. You can also buy the tubs which are around 75p each or there is sometimes a deal on so you can get 5 for £3. These are really handy if you're out and about and need something sweet on-the-go but don't want to break the diet.

As I'm on the Dechox for British Heart Foundation this month, I will definitely be making these jellies! It's only day two and I've turned down chocolate twice already... It's going to be a long month! Thankfully there are loads of different flavours of these jellies so you will never get sick of them. My favourites are strawberry, blackcurrent and orange. You could also make an old school dessert of jelly and ice cream by adding your favourite Halo Top or Breyers ice cream flavour! That actually sounds really good right now!

Have any of you ever done the Dechox? If you have any tips, please let me know in the comments!

Have a great weekend!

Han x


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment