Thursday, January 31, 2019

Starting Off



Hi, hello, how are you? Is this how blog posts are started? How about I introduce myself and give you a little backstory on myself? I'm Hannah - also known as Hannah Banana, Hannah Montana or just Han... Whatever tickles your fancy! As most of you will relate to, I majorly overindulged this Christmas and as soon as January hit I promised myself this would be the year I'd fit into a size 10 again. How Bridget Jones of me! Okay, so January is over and I thought I'd take some time to get the reality of it all written down. Usually, this would be in the form of my notes section on my phone but this time, I'm doing things a little differently.

I cut down on takeaways and only had alcohol once this whole month. My body kind of went into shock (if you spent any time with me in December, you'll probably understand why). I started meal prepping my lunches which I am now addicted to. I kind of want to spam my Instagram stories with this and I have held back because I don't want to be that girl. I don't think my Dad's friends' wife, Susan, gives a crap what I've seasoned my chicken with, you know? Meal prepping has made me start to enjoy cooking, I think it's the organisation of the whole thing that pleases my Pisces mind.

Towards the end of the month, I came down with the flu which I am still recovering from. I also found out that my asthma has returned - hello Ventolin, my old friend. I have learnt that it's okay to rest and focus on feeling back to normal. I'm actually excited to get better and be able to exercise again. This is something I never thought I'd say as I'm an incredibly lazy person. At the moment, I'm following the Grace Fit Home Guide - I highly recommend this if you're a beginner like me and need something that will push you. I didn't think that a home workout could make me sweat so much. Who needs a gym membership?!

As February looms, I've signed myself up to the Dechox for The British Heart Foundation. So no more chocolate until March 1st... I'm nervous. I'm going to be searching for snacks without chocolate involved - currently thinking fruit and the zero sugar jelly. If you have any other suggestions, please leave them below because I will need them!

I've taken my January measurements and will weigh first thing tomorrow morning. One thing I found in January is that I was too focused on the scales even when I may have gained one week but my denim skirt now does up without me breathing in like that scene on White Chicks. I'm now tracking monthly and will take progress pictures. If you would like to use this simple Weightloss Tracker, I've created a free shareable document that anyone can use.

Anyway, I'll be posting as much as possible and am excited to see what positive changes I can make in 2019. Let me know what your plans are for this year!

Han x

No comments:

Post a Comment